Care to Share
Through Pee Dee Electric's Care to Share program, Members are able to contribute a few cents each month to support various non-profit organizations throughout the communities we serve.
|By simply rounding up their monthly electric bill to the nearest dollar amount, Members have contributed more than $826,000 since 2005, proving that Pee Dee Electric Members have big hearts for not just their communities, but also for service. Monthly contributions range between $.01 and $.99, with a yearly contribution of no more than $11.88. The extra cents, together with contributions from other Members, are placed in a special trust managed by Pee Dee Electric's Board of Directors.|
Guidelines for Care to Share Applicants:
- Only non-profit organizations are eligible for funding from the program. Examples of these types of organizations are: 501-C3 groups, volunteer fire and rescue departments, food banks, or organizations that provide services to the elderly, children with special needs, or battered women. Government agencies, schools, churches and individuals are NOT eligible for Care to Share funds. Grant funds are not available and will not be awarded to cover any operational expenses.
- Any non-profit organization that wants to apply for funding will be required to write a letter requesting the Care to Share program consider their need. The letter should clearly state the name of the organization, reasons for the request/why the funds are being requested, intended use of the funds. A return address, with the phone number and a contact name of a representative of the non-profit organization, must be included in the letter.
- The letter can be mailed to: Pee Dee Electric, Care to Share, Attn: Cathy Page, 575 US Hwy 52 South, Wadesboro, NC 28170; or can be sent via email to Cathy Page (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Once the Letter of Request is received, the applying organization will be reviewed according to the Care to Share program's criteria. Contact will be made to the requesting organization to verify qualifications. Once verified, an application for funding will be sent.
- Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis and applications must be submitted by the last day of February, May, August and November.